Our Select Results in Employment and Injury Cases
Cases on Appeal
* Hallak v Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (3rd District). Appeal from granted summary judgment in favor of the defendant, dismissing disability discrimination case.
* Contreras v United Airlines (3rd District). Appeal from granted summary judgment in favor of the defendant, dismissing disability discrimination and wrongful termination claims.
Select Recent Results
$750k settlement to a co-founder of a start-up in a fraud and negligent misrepresentation case (Santa Clara County).
Successfully defending an employer - restaurant in a racial discrimination case. Defense arbitration award plus costs in employer's favor.
$425k award to a co-founder of a start-up in a breach of contract / interference claim (arbitration).
$283k arbitration verdict to a software company employee in an FMLA violation and retaliation case. (Santa Clara County)
$125k settlement in a trip-and-fall case against a construction contractor. Plaintiff tripped and fell on a trench not properly covered by the Defendants during repaving. Plaintiff suffered shoulder fracture. (San Francisco County).
$90,000 DLSE award to an employee for unpaid overtime and unpaid rests and meal breaks. Includes penalties. (Alameda County)
$100,000 pre- trial settlement to a victim of assault and battery (Marin County). Plaintiff was punched and had his nose broken.
$175,000 settlement in a pregnancy discrimination case (San Francisco).
$280,000 jury verdict in a slip-and-fall case against the landlord of the apartment building (Alameda County);
$175,000.00 mediation settlement to an nurse in a failure to accommodate a disability case. (Contra Costa County).
$24,650.00 DLSE aware for unpaid overtime to a restaurant waiter (Alameda County).
Policy limits settlement to a bicyclist, who was sideswiped by inattentive driver downtown San Francisco, suffering a disc herniation and knee injury.
$125,000.00 binding arbitration award in a slip and fall case. Plaintiff suffered ankle fracture when going up the stairway that was negligently maintained by a property management company (Sacramento County).
$141,000.00 arbitration award in a Labor Code 970 / misrepresentation claim to an employee who was induced to move to San Mateo to start a job, and whose job offer was revoked shortly after for no legitimate reason. (AAA Arbitration / San Mateo County)
* $187,500 arbitration award in FMLA retaliation case to a top sales manager at a local retail chain (San Francisco County).
* 137,500 settlement in a dispute liability slip-and-fall claim at a grocery store (Alameda County).
* $125,000.00 settlement in a retaliation case to a registered nurse who was demoted after complaining about patients safety violations (Contra Costa County)
*76,500.00 settlement in an unpaid overtime claim to a swim coach of a country club who was wrongfully classified as an exempt, salaried employee.
* $316,000.00 arbitration award to a mechanic of a car dealership in a South Bay who was terminated in retaliation for complaining about safety violations after working at the same dealership for 16 years (Santa Clara County).
* $137,500 - an award by a Labor Commissioner (Oakland Office) to a maintenance employee for unpaid overtime, interest, and penalties. The claimant was ordered not to claim more than 8 hours of work per day, despite working much longer on many days in violation of California labor code. The employer was issued a citations and was ordered to implement a new clocking system, which tracks employees' actual hours of work.
* $225,000.00 award by a Labor Commissioner in an unpaid overtime claim to a junior IT administrator who was misclassified as an independent contractor (San Mateo County).
* $137,500 - an award by a Labor Commissioner (Oakland Office) to a maintenance employee for unpaid overtime. The claimant was ordered not to claim more than 8 hours of work per day, despite working much longer on many days in violation of California labor code. The employer was issued a citations and was ordered to implement a new clocking system, which tracks employees' actual hours of work.
*$195,000.000 settlement in a disability discrimination case following mandatory arbitration to a top performing care salesman of a dealership in Mari County.
*$125,000 mediation settlement in an injury case involving fracture and multiple disk protrusions to a driver for a two-door sports sedan in San Mateo County.
* Verdict following Bench Trial in the amount of $225,000.00 on a breach of contract to a
commissioned sales employee of a mid-sized technology company. Santa Clara County Sup. Ct.
* $100,000 stipulated judgement to a tenant who fell through the defective deck at his rented unit.