Our Areas of Practice
We specialize in the following practice areas:
Employment and Wrongful Termination
We handle the following issues and claims that arise at workplace:
* Race, disability and age discrimination - severe and pervasive discriminatory language and conduct at workplace, and discriminatory treatment based on being a member of protected class, including discriminatory termination of older workers, disabled workers and employees that belong to racial minority groups.
* Sexual harassment, hostile work environment - sexual favoritism, conditioning women's employment on engaging in a sexual relationship with a supervisor, unwelcome sexual advances and sexual assault/battery at workplace.
* Whistleblower Retaliation against employees due to reporting of unlawful conduct by employer and terminating those employees, as well as other kinds of unlawful termination in violation of contracts and public policy;
* Failure to pay wages, overtime compensation, provide meal and rest breaks and other wage laws violations.
* Professional license defense and petitions for reinstatement of registered nurses and other licensed professionals in California. We appear and represent clients in front of the Department of Consumer affairs, Board of Registered Nursing and other licensing agencies.
* Unemployment compensation appeals - appealing denial of unemployment compensation benefits to employees.
* Professional license defense practice - representing registered nurses, vocational nurses, physical therapists, chiropractors and other healthcare professionals.
* Representation of State and other public employees at disciplinary hearings - representing employees in disciplinary proceedings in front of State Personnel Board, Department of Consumer Affairs, and in other administrative proceedings, including Union grievances and Arbitration.
Our Personal and Medical Malpractice Injury Practice
We represent injured persons in:
* Auto accident claims and injuries sustained in collisions with trucks and big-rigs;
* Motorcycle and bicycle accidents, as well as injuries suffered by pedestrians.
* Injuries suffered as a result of assault and battery in bars, clubs and other commercial venues, and apartment complexes.
*Dog-bite injuries; *Injuries sustained as a result of using defective or inherently unsafe product;
*Slip and fall injuries on commercial and residential property; and other injuries in San Francisco, Sacramento, and the surrounding counties.
* Medical Malpractice - we mostly specialize in serious failures to diagnose or misdiagnosing serious medical condition requiring prompt care or surgery, and where delays lead to significant aggravation of the condition or loss of a limb or death.
Contracts & Business Litigation
Our business litigation practice includes drafting, review, and negotiation of a wide range of business agreements, agency agreements, consulting agreements, buy-sell agreements, license agreements, and California partnership agreements. We also advise our clients on potential issues and conflicts they may have with their existing contracts and the strategies to avoid these legal issues, as well as representing individuals and business and breach of contract cases.
Solutions for Employers
We keep hearing countless complaints about how so many law firms who defend employers "milk" their client generating more work than needs to be done or not being completely honest and upfront with their clients about their chances of winning or losing. Our work is different in that we look at the claims that the employers face not only from legal but also from practical perspective. When we look at the filed lawsuit or a wage claim, we sit down and decide together with our clients whether the fight is worth fighting, and if so - how to go best about pursuing that fight in light of all the unique facts and circumstances of that specific business, the client's financial situation, the nature of the claims made by their current or former employees, any insurance issues, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact Arkady Itkin by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 415-640-6765.