Our Fees (Employment / Wrongful Termination)
- General consultation in person or over the phone (employees and employers). Discussing and/or reviewing a specific situation and the best legal and practical ways of handling it.
- Hearing / testimony preparation (employees and employers): this includes preparing for a testimony in any type of administrative hearing, including SPB, Unemployment Appeals Board, investigatory interview regarding any accusations made - $300
- Contract review (up to 15 pages) - $350.
- Wrongful termination case (standard): $2,100 standard retainer fee to cover the initial filing and service fee with the court, evidence review, initial client meeting and case preparation, and 30% - $40% contingency fee depending on at what stage the case is resolved. The retainer fee can be split into a number of payment over a period of time of up to 6 months.
- Wrongful termination case (discounted rate for low wage earners, and minimum wage workers): $600 retainer fee to cover the filing and service fee with the court, and 30% - 40% contingency.
- Wrongful termination case (enhanced fee for top level executives): $3,000 - $5,000 retainer fee and 30%-40% contingency fee depends on at what stage the case is resolved. The retainer fee can be split into a number of payment over a period of time of up to 6 months.
- Litigation defense (for employers): $225 - $295 / hour.
- Fees for other services, such as negotiating severance, appearances in hearings before the Labor Commissioner / Unemployment Appeals Board / SPB, etc... vary and are determined on case by case basis. Fees for drafting and reviewing employment agreements, separation agreements, employee handbooks, etc... vary depending on the length and complexity of the documents in question.
- We accept cash and all major credit cards.